To add your branding (your photo, company contact info and company logo), navigate to the Settings > Branding tab.
Click on the Default User Branding Options button. You should see the following options in the dropdown list:
None: There will be no branding in the account, this is not recommended.
Inspector: This option will give you sole branding on the binder, appliance recall alerts, and maintenance reminder emails that go out from the system.
Both Inspector and Agent*: This will co-brand everything with the agent from the transaction. The majority of inspectors select this for co-branding to maximize the value to every agent.
Agent: Only the agent gets the branding in the account.
Once you make a selection, you can also see a preview of the branding used on the various emails* sent out by HomeBinder.
* Transfer Emails will only ever have inspector branding on them, as you are the one who set them up
HomeBinder plays nicely with multiple inspection writing platforms. Click below for instructions on integrating your chosen software:
1. MAINTENANCE ITEMS
This is where you will input the maintenance tasks that you want to remind clients about. i.e changing air filters, cleaning dryer vents, etc. You can set up tasks that are specific for your business and your geography.
Due Dates have 2 options:
Set # of days after. Use this for any tasks that are not seasonal, as the reminders will kick out X days AFTER the inspection. This will help spread them out within the year. For example:
Item: Change Air Filter Frequency: Quarterly Due Date: 90 days
Set Due Date. Use this option for seasonal maintenance tasks.
Item: Clean Gutters Frequency: Annual Due Date: October 20th (do not input the year to prevent expiration of the due date)
This is where you set up blank records, so that you or your clients can quickly add in the manufacturer and model numbers. You shouldn't have to modify anything in this section, but feel free to make edits, such as adding "useful life range expectancy" for a particular appliance in the notes area.
3. HOME PROFESSIONALS
This is where you can add in home pros that you would personally recommend. And you don't have to put just one in each industry. For example, you can give homeowners multiple options for a local plumber.
Here is where you can add in any generic document that would pertain to ALL of your clients. Examples might be a referral document, educational documents, final walk through checklists, discounts/coupons for home professionals, etc.
5. PERSONALIZED MESSAGE
This is where you can add in a message that would pertain to ALL of your clients. It will come through in the initial transfer email to your clients allowing them to access their binder. Feel free to customize this message for your business!
API Key & API Route Name: This information will only be used if you are integrating your HomeBinder account with another software system that you use.
Binder Auto Transfer/Share: This is most commonly used by inspectors that create binders through one of the software integrations. If you check this box, binders will automatically be sent to your clients after they have been created. It prevents you from having to log in and manually send each binder.
Send Agents Transfer Notifications: Checking this box will send an email to any agent co-branded on a binder. This will let them know that you have given your mutual client a free lifetime HomeBinder subscription, and that you added their information to the binder.
Binder Action Option: This is most commonly used by inspectors that are creating binders through one of our integrations. You only need to worry about this field if you check off ‘Binder Auto Transfer/Share’.
• Transferring a binder gives your client full ownership of the binder and is 100% private for them. You won’t be able to view the binder after the binder is transferred.
• Sharing a binder gives your client full access to use their account, but you will maintain the ability to view that binder. Most inspectors transfer binders as clients tend to prefer that option.
Binder Transfer/Share Delay (in hours): This is only used if you checked off ‘Binder Auto Transfer/Share’ and are using one of our software integrations. It sets a delay period between when the binder is created and when the binder is sent to your client. This gives you the opportunity to make edits to your client’s binder before it is automatically sent.
1. Go to Settings > Public Review Profiles
2. Click Add Profile Link
3. Select your Chosen Network. If it is not listed, choose Other Network
4. Add your profile URL link
5. Click Add and you're ready to go!
Navigate to your binders section
Select "New Binder" in the upper right corner. This binder will contain the templated content you set up in Step 4: Set up your Templates.
Pick your transaction date.
Choose Buy-side or Sell-side. Most tend to be buy-side, so that is why it is the default.
Enter the client info. That will name the binder as "Firstname Lastname Binder" which is a default setup to make it easy to sort your binders by client name.
Enter the property info and click save. To check your work, click on the binders tab, and you should see the new binder listed on that screen.
Navigate to your binders section
Select "Upload Batch" in the upper right corner.
Download the CSV template, which is an excel document that will show you how to get your content in order for batch processing.
Upload your CSV file.
Your binders will load. This should take just a few minutes. To check your work, click on the binders tab, and you should see all the binders listed on that screen.
Marketing Launch Kit PDF - This PDF has all your resources for educating your homeowners and realtors in one place.
The most current HomeBinder logo in various formats for use online.
Official messaging on HomeBinder that you can copy/paste to explain what HomeBinder is, and why you offer it. There are short, medium and long versions.
HomeBinder Ads and Third Party Partner Logos are also included, along with links to the partner websites.
Official posts and messages you can use on your Facebook page.
Images sized for Facebook as well as messaging and links you can copy/paste.
There are specific posts to target agents, versus homeowners.
Share this HomeBinder for Homeowners explainer video and share educational materials on your social media channels and website about HomeBinder. You can access our folder for social posts here.
PRIOR TO THE INSPECTION
Post an explanation on your website, and Facebook page. That will also help you market your inspection services to homeowners and agents. You can find official messaging about HomeBinder here.
Email clients to thank them for booking an inspection. You probably already do this, and this is also where you can explain further. Here is a template you can use for that.
AT THE INSPECTION
Verbally explain about HomeBinder “HomeBinder allows you to organize and save all related home information in one convenient online app. From storing paint colors to getting maintenance reminders, HomeBinder will help in all aspects of home ownership. Homeowners cannot purchase HomeBinder, but we give it to you for FREE, for the lifetime of your home ownership, as a part of your inspection.”
While you conduct the inspection, show them this video
Give them a flyer explaining HomeBinder. You can locate your Marketing Kit which includes branded flyers in your account, under the resources tab.
AFTER THE INSPECTION, FOLLOW UP VIA EMAIL
Email the agent a thank you for their business and to explain the value of HomeBinder to them. This might also be the email where you attach the inspection report PDF.
Email the homeowner a thank you for their business and to explain again about their HomeBinder subscription. Let them know that their inspection report will be either emailed to their agent, or uploaded to their binder.
If you use ISN, check out your resource center in your HomeBinder account. There are templates for many of these emails, already formatted for your use.
1. Thank them for all the referrals they have sent your way. Make sure they know you are grateful for their business.
2. Explain that you discovered a way to help grow their business, and you knew you had to reach out.
3. Let them know that you did your research and HomeBinder will never sell client data, nor will they solicit them after the binder has been delivered.
4. Explain how HomeBinder works. That it is an electronic 3-ring binder to help homeowners with their largest investment. And you will be providing this binder for free with every inspection you perform.
5. Tell the Realtor® they will be branded as the agent of record on the binder dashboard, on every maintenance reminder email and on the Sellers Report™. This will keep their image and branding in front of their clients over the lifetime of the home.
6. Explain that the Sellers Report™ will have all the maintenance records and any projects done to add value to the home. There is also a public link that can be used in the listing, but even more valuable, it can be given to the Real Estate Appraiser. This report is key in determining “condition” of the home and can impact the appraisal value a great deal. When the home sells for more, the Realtor® earns more! Here is a case study you can also share with them, about a agent who got 14/14 homes appraised above value, using Seller Report.
7. Finally, thank the agent again for the time spent with you. You may wish to follow up with the Self Serve link to give them a free binder for their personal home in a handwritten card. This step is rare in today’s world and will make your Realtor® feel special.
You can always give the agent a flyer that explains HomeBinder. This actually comes pre-loaded with your branding at the bottom, and can be found in your resources tab.
1. Establish that you are reaching out to them as the expert in their field. You will want to thank them for taking a few minutes to speak with you.
2. Thank them for any referrals they may have sent your way. Make sure they know you are grateful for their business.
3. Explain that you discovered a way to help grow their business, and you knew you had to reach out.
• If they are top producers, stress that HomeBinder will give added value to their clients. Be sensitive to how successful the Realtor® is, when mentioning how the platform can increase their sales. Most agents welcome the work, but being sure to recognize their accomplishments is important in building rapport.
• If they are not top producers, stress that HomeBinder can help them build their business by generating repeat business and more referrals.
4. Let them know that you did your research and HomeBinder will never sell client data, nor will they solicit them after the binder has been delivered.
5. Explain how HomeBinder works. That it is an electronic 3-ring binder to help homeowners with their largest investment. And you will be providing this binder for free with every inspection you perform.
6. Tell the Realtor® they will be branded as the agent of record on the binder dashboard, on every maintenance reminder email and on the Sellers Report™. This will keep their image and branding in front of their clients over the lifetime of the home.
7. Explain that the Sellers Report™ will have all the maintenance records and any projects done to add value to the home. There is also a public link that can be used in the listing, but even more valuable, it can be given to the Real Estate Appraiser. This report is key in determining “condition” of the home and can impact the appraisal value a great deal. When the home sells for more, the Realtor® earns more! Here is a case study you can also share with them, about a agent who got 14/14 homes appraised above value, using Seller Report.
8. Finally, thank the agent again for the time spent with you. You may wish to follow up with the Self Serve link to give them a free binder for their personal home in a handwritten card. This step is rare in today’s world and will make your Realtor® feel special.
• 87% of agents use inspectors that provide HomeBinder as part of their inspection.
• 400,000 homeowners use HomeBinder on a regular basis.
Use multiple touchpoints to help the homeowner remember the value you are providing them.
Build trust through repetition, which is easy to do with the key talking points that HomeBinder provides.
Customers need to feel CONFIDENT that you are a knowledgeable source about their home.
Customers need to UNDERSTAND that a FREE gift like HomeBinder is truly free to them.
AREAS and STRUCTURES: This is where they can add a living room, free standing garage, kitchen etc.
MAINTENANCE: Homeowners can see here all of the maintenance tasks you set up for them. They can edit, remove, or add additional tasks.
PROJECTS: Here is where homeowners can keep track of any projects or renovations. They can even use it to plan or scope out future projects.
HOME PROS: This is where homeowners can save the contact info of the pros that work on their house. This is also where any of your recommended pros, in your template, would populate for them as well.
APPLIANCES: Here is where your clients can put in manufacturer and model #'s for automated appliance recall alerts! They can also store information like where they bought it from, how much it cost, when it was installed, etc.
PAINTS / FINISHES: This is where homeowners can put in color codes, compositions, manufacturers. They don't have to keep rusty old paint cans any more, that just take up space.
HOME INVENTORY: Where homeowners can inventory everything, for insurance purposes, in case of fire, theft, extreme weather, etc.
RECEIPTS: One central place where a homeowner can track all their home related receipts for capital expense reporting.
PERMITS: This is where a homeowner can get free access to permit data from BuildFax.
DOCUMENTS: Homeowners can store an unlimited number of documents, and have access to any of the documents that you pre-populated for them.